A special place

"If I take the wings of the morning, and dwell in the uttermost parts of the sea, it is a special place where I spend my afternoon."

Sunday, August 5, 2012

Quiet Sundays

        Sundays are one of my favorites. They just feel different. Plus I always take my pups to the estuary on Sunday mornings. It's a place on the island that most of the tourists don't know about. A very well kept secret. It has more of the qualities of Kentucky than the beach. Trees, trails. birds. And the coastline along the bay never has a shortage of trash for us to pick up. I say us because Ray has gotten to where he's a big help. Plastic bottles and tin cans are two of his favorite toys. You haven't met Ray and Woody yet but you will.
        I'm just not sure if my posts are even getting seen by anyone so I'm holding out on a lot of details until I work out the snags of my blog.
       The estuary is best at low tide if you're looking for treasures. Finding sea glass, driftwood, old shell caseings from world war two are just some of the finds. But the most beautiful things are the birds. Snowy egrets, bald eagles, terns, ospreys, and blue herons are a few that are never hiding and easy to spot. So it's off to the estuary to see what we can find. And I'll take my camera in order to share the beauty of it.

2 comments:

  1. This is great. Im sure once word gets out, you will have a great number of folks who will live vicariously thru your posts. Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhhhh, another day in paradise, huh? Really, I'm so happy for you Jo! Now, let's see some of those beautiful pictures you take!

    ReplyDelete